Roa, a Belgium
street artist from Ghent who paints unbelievable illustrations of animals,
dissected, whole, craniums and the body or just some organs hanging out on big
murals. We are back at semiotics again; it is so hard to get away from…
“FC: What's the idea
behind showing animals organs?
Organs are the vital substances of our body and they represent a lot of symbolism which i like! Painters like Rembrandt did it ages before me, slaughter paintings!”
Organs are the vital substances of our body and they represent a lot of symbolism which i like! Painters like Rembrandt did it ages before me, slaughter paintings!”
Quote from an interview with ROA on http://www.fatcap.com/article/roa.html
He is currently active with a solo exhibition and book launch at Stolen
Space gallery in Brick Lane called “Hypnagogia” “a 2 space exhibition features installation
work and originals on found objects” – Stolen Space.
I have since long followed ROA’s work online but on Sunday last week when I was meeting up my cousin who came and visiting from (funny enough) Belgium I ran into one of ROA’s painting session on a mural in the outskirts of Brick Lane. I couldn’t resist stopping and taking some pictures and talking some shit with ROA as well.
References:
Stolen Space http://www.stolenspace.com/section.php?xSec=505
Street Art London http://streetartlondon.co.uk/artists/roa/
Fat Cap http://www.fatcap.com/article/roa.html
photos: Rios, Sandra (c) 2012
image: http://www.stolenspace.com/shopimages/products/normal/roa/roa_fs_2.jpg

Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar